Flight delays are an unfortunate reality in air travel, impacting both airlines and passengers. In this article, we explore Indigo Airlines flight delay compensation policy.
By understanding their rights and Indigo Airlines flight delay compensation policy, passengers can effectively engage with the airline’s customer support and seek satisfactory resolutions.
Armed with this information, will help passengers navigate flight delays with confidence, thus ensuring a more systematic way to seek compensation and minimize the impact on their travel experience.
What is covered under the Indigo Flight Delay Compensation Policy?
IndiGo Airlines offers a comprehensive flight delay compensation policy to address various situations that may arise during travel. Here is the snapshot –
- The airline acknowledges that certain factors, beyond its control, can lead to flight cancellations or delays, such as bad weather, air traffic control issues, acts of nature, terrorism, strikes, riots, wars, government regulations, demands, orders, or labor unrest.
- In such cases, IndiGo is not liable for any losses incurred by passengers.
- If your IndiGo flight is delayed by more than 2 hours, passengers can be compensated. In this case –
- Full refund on the unused portion of the ticket
- You have the option to reschedule the flight at no additional cost.
- In the event that a segment of your IndiGo flight is canceled while you are already in transit, IndiGo offers several compensation options.
- You can opt to remain at the stopover and receive a partial refund for the uncompleted portion of your journey.
- Full Refund
- Flight travel credit for the unused portion of the ticket.
- Additionally, you may choose to rebook yourself on an alternative flight at no extra charge, subject to availability.
It is important to note that any compensation resulting from flight cancellations or delays will adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, ensuring fairness and consistency for affected passengers.
What is IndiGo Airlines Flight Delay Compensation Due to Schedule Changes?
If you have checked in on time and your flight is delayed, IndiGo Airlines flight delay compensation includes complimentary meals and refreshments based on the waiting time, according to the following criteria:
For instance, Indigo Airlines 3 hours delay compensation would be offered for the below compensation –
|Block Time||Delay Duration||Compensation|
|Up to 2.5 hours||2 hours or more||Free meals and refreshments|
|More than 2.5 and up to 5 hours||3 hours or more||Free meals and refreshments|
|Any block time||4 hours or more||Free meals and refreshments|
For domestic flights within India, if the expected delay exceeds 6 hours, IndiGo ensures that you are informed of the rescheduled time at least 24 hours prior to departure. Passengers are entitled to –
- Passengers would be offered an alternate flight within 6 hours of delay
- Or, passengers can request Indigo flight cancellation and claim a full refund.
What is IndiGo Flight Delay Compensation Due to Flight Cancellation?
If your flight is canceled, IndiGo must provide a full refund on the affected flight, depending on your travel preference.
You are entitled to compensation if you are informed of flight disruption less than 14 days but up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Full refund
- Flight reschedule at no additional cost
If you miss the flight connection due to a flight delay, you can opt for a full refund or an option for an alternate flight. If you miss a connecting flight due to a delay or cancellation, Indigo Airlines will assist you by providing alternative flight options or refunding your ticket, depending on the circumstances.
Also, passengers are entitled to flight delay compensation –
|Flight Delay||Flight Delay Compensation|
|Up to 1 hour||INR 5,000 or basic one-way fare plus fuel charge, whichever is less|
|1 – 2 hours||INR 7,500 or basic one-way fare plus fuel charge, whichever is less|
|More than 2 hours||INR 10,000 or basic one-way fare plus fuel charge, whichever is less|
What is IndiGo Flight Delay Compensation when passengers are denied boarding?
With Indigo, passengers can also claim compensation if they were denied boarding due to overbooking. Passengers may be eligible for compensation ranging from 200% to 400% of the basic one-way fare plus fuel charge. Below is the overview of the compensation for the denied boarding –
Passengers would be offered the following compensation –
|An alternative flight arranged for the passenger after 24 hours after the original departure time||200% of the basic one-way fare plus fuel charge or INR 10,000 whichever is less|
|You choose not to take the alternative flight offered||400% of the basic one-way fare plus fuel charge or INR 20,000 whichever is less|
|You choose not to take the alternate flight offered||Full ticket refund. 400% of the basic one-way fare plus fuel charge or INR 20,000 whichever is less|
By familiarizing themselves with Indigo compensation policy, travelers can be aware of their rights and the available options for refunds, rebooking, and other forms of compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Flight delays can occur due to various reasons, including bad weather, air traffic control issues, acts of nature, terrorism, strikes, riots, and more.
Indigo Airlines offers compensation measures for flight delays, which may include free meals and refreshments based on the waiting time, alternative flight arrangements, full ticket refunds, or flight credits for future travel.
Delays of 2 hours or more for flights with a block time of up to 2.5 hours may qualify for compensation.
Yes, passengers are entitled to compensation for flight cancellations, subject to specific conditions.