Imagine the excitement of your upcoming journey with Philippine Airlines, only to find yourself stranded at the airport due to a flight delay. Flight delays can be frustrating and disruptive, but as a passenger, it’s crucial to know your rights. In this article, we will explore Philippine Airlines flight delay compensation, providing you with essential information on how to claim what you deserve.
Who is Eligible for Compensation if the flight is delayed or canceled?
Passengers who experience flight delays or cancellations may be eligible for compensation. The eligibility criteria include.
- Flight must be operated and marketed by Philippine Airlines.
- Must not be a codeshare agreement flight
- Passengers must have completed the check-in
- Passengers have not requested the Philippine Airlines flight change or canceled.
Compensation may not be applicable if the delay or cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances beyond the airline’s control. Examples of such circumstances include severe weather conditions, political unrest, or security threats.
Compensation for Philippine Airlines Flight Delay
When it comes to Philippine Airlines, if you’re departing from an EU airport and facing a delay of more than 3 hours, you may be eligible for compensation.
The amount of compensation you can receive depends on the duration of the delay and the distance of your journey.
Philippine Airlines is also obliged to take care of you during the delay. This includes –
- Free food and refreshments
- Accommodation if it is an overnight delay
- Free airport transfer
Here is the overview of the Philippine Airlines delayed flight compensation
|Length of Delay||Compensation|
|2 hours or more||Up to €250 per person|
|4 hours or more||Up to €400 per person|
|6 hours or more||Up to €600 per person|
Compensation for Philippine Airlines For Canceled Flights
When it comes to flight cancellations with Philippine Airlines, you have the potential to receive compensation of up to €600. However, a few conditions must be met for you to be eligible
- Cancellation should have occurred within 14 days of your scheduled departure
- Cancelation must be within the airline’s control
Passengers are entitled to the Right to care –
- Alternate flight arranged to your final destination
- Free meals and refreshments
- Free accommodation
- Airport transfer
- Access to two international calls, and emails.
Here is the overview of the canceled flight compensation –
|All flights under 1,500 km||Up to €250 per person|
|Internal EU flights over 1,500 km||Up to €400 per person|
|Non-internal EU flights between 1,500 – 3,500 km||Up to €400 per person|
|Non-internal EU flights over 3,500 km||Up to €600 per person|
Denied Boarding Compensation For Philippine Airlines
Imagine this scenario: you’ve got your ticket in hand, all excited and ready to board your flight. But then, out of the blue, you’re told that there’s no room for you on the plane. Frustrating, right?
Well, fear not, because there’s something called Denied Boarding Compensation that might just come to your rescue.
According to the CAB Economic Regulation No. 7, Philippine airlines are required to provide compensation to passengers who are denied boarding.
There are a few exceptions where you are compensated –
- Due to operational or safety purposes
- Travel restrictions are applied by the government.
- Cancellation due to factors like weather, strikes, or other unforeseen circumstances.
If any of these situations occur, the airline is still obligated to arrange alternative air transportation for you.
Note – The overview of the denied boarding compensation is not mentioned on the airline’s website. To know the accurate amount, contact the airline’s customer service.
How to claim the Philippine Airlines Delay Flight Compensation?
To ensure you receive the Philippine Airlines canceled flight compensation you’re entitled to, follow these steps:
- Collect all relevant documents related to your delayed flight, including your boarding pass, ticket or booking confirmation, and any receipts for expenses incurred during the delay.
- Approach the Philippine Airlines at the check-in counter
- Provide them with your flight details, booking reference number, and explain the situation clearly.
- You may be asked to complete Philippine Airlines Flight Delay Compensation claim form. Fill out the form accurately. Provide all the requested information, including your contact details, flight details, and a description of the delay.
- After submitting your claim, it’s important to stay in touch with Philippine Airlines regarding the status of your compensation request.
The processing time for compensation claims may vary, so it’s essential to exercise patience throughout the process.
In conclusion, understanding your rights and the process of claiming flight delay compensation from Philippine Airlines is vital. By following the necessary steps and being aware of your entitlements, you can seek fair compensation for the inconvenience caused by flight delays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are extraordinary circumstances that may exempt the airline from providing compensation such as severe weather conditions, air traffic control restrictions, or security threats.
In general, it may take several weeks to a few months to get your Philippine Airlines delay flight compensation.
If your missed connection was a result of a delayed Philippine Airlines flight, you may be eligible for compensation. Ensure that the missed connection was a direct consequence of the delay.