Traveling with pets can be none less than a memorable experience, and JSX Airlines understands the importance of accommodating passengers who wish to bring their pets on board. This comprehensive guide will provide you with all the necessary information and guidelines under JSX Airlines Pet Policy.
In this article, we will cover all the rules and regulations for traveling with pets in the cabin, including emotional support animals, and service animals. Additionally, we will explore the booking process and associated pet travel fees to ensure a hassle-free journey for both passengers and your beloved pet.
What are the guidelines for In Cabin Pet Travel for JSX Airlines?
JSX Airlines let you take your pets (small dogs and cats) on board, provided they are transported in an approved carrier.
Here are the guidelines for pets carrier as well as pets traveling onboard under JSX Airlines pet in Cabin Policy –
- The pet traveling in the cabin will count as an allowable personal item.
- All pets must be in an approved carrier. The dimension of an authorized pet carrier must be 13″ Width x 11″ Height x 17″ Length.
- Pets are not permitted to sit on the owner’s lap or occupy any other passenger’s seat.
- The pet kennel must remain in the carrier at all times.
- It must be stored under the seat for the entire duration of the flight.
- JSX may offer a courtesy pet carrier, subject to availability. If a carrier is not available during check-in, the pets are not permitted to travel.
- Only one pet is allowed per carrier. Each passenger is allowed to bring 1 carrier.
- Pet carriers cannot be placed in the bulkhead area, emergency exit rows, or aisle.
Note: A maximum of 5 pets are permitted to travel in the cabin on any given JSX flight.
What are the guidelines for passengers traveling with medium-to-large dogs?
JSX allows passengers to transport medium-to-large dogs in-cabin. The pet travel must be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations as per JSX Airlines pet policy. This includes –
- Valid health and rabies vaccination certificates when necessary.
- Passengers must purchase an additional seat if the dog is too large to fit in an approved carrier.
- The dog will then be allowed to rest on the floor in front of the seat.
- To book a seat for yourself and your medium-to-large dog, please contact Customer Support.
- Kindly inform the Airport Services Concierge during check-in if you are traveling with a pet that requires an extra seat.
- Passengers who have large dogs are required to complete this form. A printed copy is required at the time of check-in.
Passengers must be aware of the following guidelines when traveling with medium-to-large dogs in the cabin:
- Pets must be leashed for the entire duration of the flight.
- The weight of the pet must be within 79 lbs.
- Passengers must purchase an additional seat
- JSX pet travel fee may vary for both Hop on and All fares.
- Leashed pets can only occupy the space in front of the window seat. The owner must sit in the adjoining aisle seat.
- Pet carriers and pets are not permitted on aircraft seats.
- Any aggressive or disruptive behavior exhibited by the dog may result in denial of boarding. Disruptive behavior includes
- Excessive barking
- Failure to respond to owner’s commands
- Aggression toward other guests or animals
- Wandering or running without a leash
- Relieving on board
- Jumping on guests or JSX crew members
What are the guidelines for Emotional Support Animals with JSX Airlines?
Acceptable emotional support and psychiatric service animals are limited to dogs and cats. The guidelines under JSX ESA animals include –
- If your animal is small enough, it may be allowed to sit on your lap.
- You need to provide the following documentation –
- Confirmation that the customer has a diagnosed mental or emotional disability as recognized in the appropriate diagnostic manual.
- A statement indicating that the customer requires the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or activities at their destination.
- Verification that the individual providing the assessment is a licensed mental health professional, and the customer is under their professional care.
- Mention of the date and type of the mental health professional’s license, as well as the state or jurisdiction in which it was issued.
How to book pet travel with JSX Airlines?
To book pet travel with JSX Airlines, you can follow these steps:
- Call their customer service to initiate the booking process.
- Inform the airline representative that you would like to book pet travel.
- Provide them with the necessary details about your pet, such as its breed, size, and weight.
- Purchase an additional seat for your pet. JSX Airlines typically requires passengers to buy an extra seat if they’re taking medium-to-large-size dogs.
- JSX Airlines may require you to fill out a Pet Acceptance Liability Form
- Confirm the booking details, including the flight date, time, and any additional services you may require for your pet.
- Make the payment for your booking
On the day of your flight, arrive at the airport 2 hours before the scheduled departure to complete the check-in process.
By following the guidelines and regulations outlined in this comprehensive guide, passengers can ensure a safe and comfortable journey for both themselves and their pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, JSX Airlines allows pets to travel in the cabin under certain conditions and guidelines.
JSX Airlines accepts dogs and cats as in-cabin pets.
Yes, JSX Airlines has a maximum limit of five pets per flight.
Yes, JSX Airlines requires customers to purchase an additional seat for their pet.
Customers traveling with a pet must present the JSX Pet Acceptance Liability Form, which should be completed and submitted at the time of check-in.
Yes, pets must weigh 79 pounds or less to be eligible for travel on JSX Airlines.