Wizz Air is a popular low-cost airline that allows passengers to travel with their furry companions. Understanding Wizz Air pet policy is crucial for pet owners who wish to bring their pets along on their journey.
This article provides an in-depth guide to Wizz Air pet policy, covering everything from pet allowances and restrictions to booking procedures and post-flight considerations.
Pet Allowance on Wizz Air Flights
Wizz Air allows passengers to bring their furry friends on board, ensuring that your pet can join you on your exciting adventures.
With specific guidelines and restrictions in place, Wizz Air offers pet allowances both in the cabin and the hold, catering to different pet sizes and travel needs.
- Cabin travel – Wizz Air does not welcome dogs, cats, and ferrets as the primary pet types allowed in the cabin. Other small animals, such as rabbits or guinea pigs, may not be permitted as well, as per Wizz Air pet in cabin policy.
- Hold travel – For larger pets or those unable to travel in the cabin, Wizz Air does not provide the option of transporting them in the hold.
- Air Cargo – The airline does not offer such a service.
Traveling with Guide and Assistive Dog
Guide and assistance dogs are allowed on board for disabled passengers on specific flights, as per Wizz Air Pet Policy.
- Only one dog is permitted per flight and should not occupy a seat.
- Inform Wizz Air during the booking process and provide necessary documents at least 48 hours before departure.
- Required documents include a certificate proving the dog is a certified assistance dog and documentation according to country regulations.
- No other animals or Emotional Support Animals are allowed on Wizz Air flights.
- No Wizz Air pet travel fee would be assessed.
- Wizz Air unaccompanied minors are not allowed for pet travel.
Documents required – The following is a list of documents required for traveling with a guide and assistive dogs on Wizz Air:
- Valid Identification – Ensure you have a valid identification document, such as a passport or national ID, for yourself as the owner or handler of the guide or assistive dog.
- Documentation for the Dog – Carry documentation that confirms the guide or assistive dog’s status. This can include:
- Assistance Dog ID Card – Make sure to carry this card, as it serves as proof of your dog’s training and status as a guide or assistive dog.
- Certification or Registration Documents – If your guide or assistive dog is registered or certified with an organization, carry the relevant certification or registration documents.
- Health Documentation – While guide and assistive dogs are typically exempt from certain health requirements, it’s advisable to carry the dog’s health documentation, including.
- Vaccination Records – Ensure that your dog’s vaccinations, especially rabies vaccination, are up to date.
- Veterinary Health Certificate – Obtain a veterinary health certificate from your veterinarian, certifying that your dog is in good health and fit to travel. The certificate should include details of recent health checks and any specific health conditions relevant to your dog.
- Travel Documents for the Destination Country – Research the specific travel requirements of the destination country, as some may have additional documentation requirements. This can include:
- Import Permit – Certain countries may require an import permit for guide or assistive dogs. Check the destination country’s regulations and obtain any necessary permits.
It’s recommended to consult with Wizz Air’s customer service or check their official website for the most up-to-date and specific requirements for traveling with a guide and assistive dogs on their flights.
How to book pet travel for service animals with Wizz Air?
To book Wizz Air pet travel for a service animal, follow these steps:
- Before making any travel arrangements, it’s recommended to contact Wizz Air’s customer service directly.
- Wizz Air may require documentation to verify the status of your service animal. Ensure you have the necessary documentation ready, including:
- Service Animal ID
- Medical Professional Letter
- Once you have the required documentation, proceed with booking your flight. You can do this online through the Wizz Air website or by contacting their customer service directly.
- Provide all the necessary details, including your travel dates, destinations, and any specific requirements for your service animal.
- During the booking process, inform Wizz Air’s customer service that you will be traveling with a service animal. This will ensure that they are aware of your specific needs and can assist you accordingly.
It’s important to keep a few additional considerations in mind:
- Request appropriate seating that accommodates your needs and provides sufficient space for your service animal.
- Familiarize yourself with proper animal etiquette during the flight.
- Your service animal should remain calm and well-behaved throughout the journey.
- Plan ahead for any necessary arrangements at the departure and arrival airports. This may include assistance with check-in, security procedures, and transportation within the airport.
Remember to check Wizz Air’s website or contact their customer service for any specific guidelines or requirements regarding service animal travel.
By understanding and adhering to Wizz Air pet policy, you can ensure a smooth journey for both you and your furry friend. Remember to book your pet’s travel in advance, prepare them for the journey, and comply with all necessary regulations and guidelines.
Frequently Asked Question
No. Wizz Air does allow pets for in-cabin travel except for the guide dogs.
Service animals are generally allowed to travel in the cabin free of charge. However, specific documentation may be required to verify the service animal’s status.
Wizz Air typically allows only one pet per passenger. If you plan to travel with multiple pets, it’s advisable to contact Wizz Air’s customer service.
In that case, you may need to contact Wizz Air customer service for guidance on accommodating larger pets.
Wizz Air airports may have designated pet relief areas or facilities to cater to the needs of traveling pets.
No, Wizz Air does not allow pets on board their flights.