Are you a frequent traveler? Have you ever experienced the frustration of a delayed flight? We’ve all been there, eagerly waiting at the airport only to receive the dreaded news of a delay.
But did you know that as a passenger, you may be entitled to compensation for flight delays? In this article, we’ll explore the topic of WestJet flight delay compensation, helping you understand your rights and providing guidance on how to claim what you deserve.
What are the responsibilities of WestJet Airlines when there is a flight delay or cancellation?
For passengers whose flight is affected and is within the airline’s control here’s what you can expect –
Alternative Travel Arrangements:
You have the following choices if your WestJet flight is canceled or delayed by three (3) hours or more due to events outside of our control:
- An alternate flight with WestJet or any other airline.
Refunds and Compensation:
Any alternate flight offered by WestJet, and is not suitable to passengers, who may
- Opt for a refund on the original method of payment
- The refund will be made using the same payment method used for the original purchase.
- WestJet Airlines cancellation refund would be applicable on the affected flight, which needs to be unused/unflown.
Standards of Treatment:
In case of a delay less than 12 hours from the scheduled departure time, if you’ve waited for 2 hours, WestJet will offer food and drinks.
Under What Conditions Passengers Are Entitled To WestJet Flight Delay Compensation?
If you were on a WestJet flight within, to, or from Canada and you experienced a flight delay or cancellation, you may qualify for compensation
To be eligible for compensation
- You need to have been informed of the flight cancellation or a delay of your arrival within 2 weeks or less prior to departure.
- The delay in reaching your final destination must be three hours or more from the originally scheduled arrival time.
- It’s important to note that the flight disruption should have been within WestJet’s control for you to be eligible.
- Flight must be operated by Westjet Airlines
You may also be eligible for reimbursement of expenses incurred due to lost, delayed, or damaged baggage, as well as other expenses.
Please fill out the contact form for passenger rights whose flight originates from Canada.
How much is the WestJet Flight Delay Compensation for the Delayed Flights?
Let’s understand the eligibility criteria for the WestJet Airlines flight delay compensation.
Passengers who are informed of flight delay or any disruption less than 2 weeks from the scheduled departure date, and the first flight segment is opted by the WestJet airlines, are eligible for the compensation.
Below is the overview of the Westjet flight delay Compensation –
- If the delay lasts between 3 to 6 hours, passengers are eligible to receive $400.00 CAD as compensation.
- For delays extending from 6 to 9 hours, the compensation amount increases to $700.00 CAD.
- In cases where the delay lasts for 9 hours or more, passengers are entitled to receive a higher compensation of $1,000.00 CAD.
Note – If you have already claimed a refund on your flight, in that case, you can claim compensation up to $400 CAD.
How much is the WestJet Flight Compensation due to overbooking?
When WestJet denies boarding to passengers due to reasons within their control and not required for safety, they offer compensation based on the estimated arrival time of the reserved flight as part of alternative travel arrangements. The compensation amounts are as follows:
- If the actual time of arrival is less than 6 hours after the time indicated on the original ticket, the compensation amount is $900.
- If the actual time of arrival is between 6 and 9 hours after the time indicated on the original ticket, the compensation amount is $1,800.
- If the actual time of arrival is 9 hours or more after the time indicated on the original ticket, the compensation amount is $2,400.
How to claim the WestJet Flight Delay Compensation?
Follow these steps to request compensation for the canceled, delayed, or overbooked fight, provided you must meet the aforementioned criteria –
- To initiate a compensation claim with WestJet, you’ll need to gather essential information about your delayed flight.
- This includes your flight details (flight number, date, and time), boarding passes, and any documentation provided by WestJet regarding the delay.
- Before proceeding with the claim, familiarize yourself with the regulations and policies that govern flight delay compensation.
- Once you have all the necessary information, reach out to WestJet’s customer service department to inform them about your delayed flight and your intention to claim compensation.
- Provide them with all the relevant details and be prepared to answer any questions they may have.
- WestJet will guide you through their specific compensation claim process.
- This may involve filling out Westjet flight delay claim forms, providing additional documentation, and adhering to specific timelines.
Ensure that you follow the instructions provided by WestJet carefully.
Please note – Passengers who booked reservations from a third-party, need to ask them to contact the airlines, and fill out the required WestJet flight delay form on your behalf.
What is WestJet Flight Refund Policy?
If WestJet cancels a flight for any reason, they will provide a full refund to the original form of payment used for the booking. Additionally –
- Refunds can be claimed on unused or unflown flight segments.
- If you choose to cancel or change your flight voluntarily, whether it’s due to personal reasons or a change in travel plans, WestJet’s refund policy may vary depending on the fare type and the terms and conditions of your ticket.
- Generally, non-refundable fares do not qualify for a refund, but you may be eligible for a credit toward future travel.
- If you are denied boarding on a flight due to overbooking or other reasons within WestJet’s control, you may be eligible for compensation The compensation can include
- A refund of the ticket price
- Alternative transportation
- All entitlements under Right To Care
Flight delays can be incredibly frustrating, but it’s essential to remember that you have rights as a passenger. WestJet recognizes its responsibility to compensate passengers for significant delays, and by understanding the process and taking the necessary steps, you can claim the compensation you deserve.
Be proactive, gather the required information, and engage with WestJet’s customer service department to initiate your claim. Remember, your time is valuable, and you shouldn’t be left empty-handed due to circumstances beyond your control.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not all flight delays qualify for compensation. Flights that are operated by WestJet are eligible for flight delay compensation.
The amount of compensation varies between $400 and $1000 CAD depending on the length of the delay.
If your WestJet flight departs from an EU member state or arrives in the EU, you may be eligible for compensation under the EU Flight Compensation Regulation.
There is no deadline mentioned on the WestJet official website. It is recommended to contact the airline’s customer service.
If your compensation claim is unsuccessful or you encounter challenges during the process, you have the option to seek legal assistance.