Traveling alone can be an exciting experience for children, but it can also be daunting for parents who are concerned about their safety and well-being. Aer Lingus recognizes these concerns and has established an unaccompanied minor policy to ensure that children traveling alone receive appropriate care and attention.
In this article, we will provide an overview of Aer Lingus unaccompanied minors policy, including the steps parents and guardians need to take to ensure a safe and stress-free travel experience for their children.
What are the guidelines to know before availing Aer Lingus unaccompanied minor service?
Here are some guidelines that parents and guardians should be aware of before availing of Aer Lingus minor traveling alone service:
|Age Restrictions||The service is available for children between the ages of 12 to 15 years of age. The airline does not accept unaccompanied minors under the age of 12.|
|Cancellation||No Aer Lingus flight cancellation is permitted for unaccompanied minors.|
|Traveling with partner airlines||If traveling with the partner airlines, British airways does not accept unaccompanied minors under the age of 14. American Airlines, it is 15 years of age. For Iberia, it is 12 years of age.|
|Fees||If traveling with the partner airlines, British airways does not accept unaccompanied minors under the age of 14. For American Airlines, it is 15 years of age. For Iberia, it is 12 years of age.|
|Booking||The service must be booked at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure time.|
|Required Documentation||Children must have all necessary travel documents, including passports and visas, as well as a completed unaccompanied minor form.|
|Check-In||The child must check-in at the airport and be accompanied by an adult until the flight attendant takes over.|
|Onboard Care||During the flight, the child will be under the care of the flight attendants, who will provide supervision, assistance, and any necessary help.|
|Pet Travel||Unaccompanied minors are not allowed to travel with pets inside the cabin, as per Aer Lingus pet policy.|
|Arrival and Pick-Up||Upon arrival, the child will be accompanied by an airline representative through customs and immigration and handed over to the designated guardian.|
|Connecting Flights||If the child is taking a connecting flight, the airline will provide assistance with transfer and escort the child to the next gate.|
Add to that there are some general guidelines that list the requirement for the following countries as per Aer Lingus international unaccompanied minor policy –
- Portugal – Minors under 18 years of age can travel alone. If a minor (under 18 years of age) is traveling alone and doesn’t have a notarized letter of authorization from a parent or guardian, they may be barred from leaving Portugal.
- France – If they are traveling with a French national ID card, minors under the age of 18 must additionally have a letter from the French police. If they are traveling with their passport, a police letter is not necessary.
- Spain – For them to exit Spain, they need a legitimate passport. Additionally, if the children are traveling with an ID card rather than a passport, they must have written permission that has been certified in any police station, civil guard station, court, notary, or city hall.
- Italy – Minors under the age of 18 are not allowed to avail of Aer Lingus unaccompanied minor service.
It is important to note that these guidelines may vary depending on the airline, so it’s always a good idea to check with Aer Lingus directly for specific details and requirements.
What are the documents required for unaccompanied minors at the time of check-in?
Here are the documents required for unaccompanied minors at the time of check-in, as per Aer Lingus unaccompanied minors policy.
|Passport and Visas||Unaccompanied minors must have all necessary travel documents, including passports and visas (if required for the destination).|
|Unaccompanied Minor Form||The child must have a completed Aer Lingus unaccompanied minor form, which includes details such as the child’s name, age, flight information, contact details of the parent or guardian dropping off and picking up the child, and any special requirements or needs. This form is available on the Aer Lingus website or can be obtained from the airport check-in desk.|
It is important to note that these documents may vary depending on the destination and other requirements, so it’s always a good idea to check with Aer Lingus directly for specific details and requirements.
How to book unaccompanied minor service with Aer Lingus?
To book Aer Lingus unaccompanied minor request, you will need to contact the Aer Lingus call center or your travel agent. The unaccompanied minor service cannot be booked online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Call the Aer Lingus call center or your travel agent to book the unaccompanied minor service.
- Make sure to specify the dates of travel, the departure and arrival airports, and any special requirements or needs of the child.
- Once the booking is confirmed, you will need to complete the unaccompanied minor form.
- This form includes details such as the child’s name, age, flight information, contact details of the parent or guardian dropping off and picking up the child, and any special requirements or needs.
- You will need to pay this fee at the time of booking.
- On the day of travel, the parent or guardian must accompany the child to the airport and check them in for the flight.
- At check-in, the unaccompanied minor service will be arranged, and the child will be given an identification badge to wear during the flight.
- The parent or guardian must remain at the airport until the child’s flight has departed.
- On arrival at the destination airport, the child will be met by a designated Aer Lingus staff member and escorted through immigration and customs.
- The designated person who is authorized to collect the child will need to provide identification and sign a release form before the child is handed over.
How much is the fee for unaccompanied minors with Aer Lingus?
The Aer Lingus minor traveling alone fee varies depending on the route and other factors. It’s best to contact the Aer Lingus call center or your travel agent to get the most up-to-date information on the fee for the specific route and service you require.
However, as a general guideline, the fee for unaccompanied minor service with Aer Lingus can range from 50 USD to 100 USD each way, per child.
Before booking the service, it’s essential to understand the guidelines and requirements under Aer Lingus unaccompanied minors policy, including necessary documents and fees. By doing so, you can help ensure a stress-free and smooth travel experience for the unaccompanied minor and their accompanying adults.
Frequently Asked Questions
An unaccompanied minor is a child between the ages of 6 and 11 who is traveling alone on an Aer Lingus flight.
Children between the ages of 6 and 11 are eligible for Aer Lingus’ unaccompanied minor service.
To book the unaccompanied minor service with Aer Lingus, you need to contact the airline’s reservations team or your travel agent.
You will need to provide a completed unaccompanied minor form, a copy of the child’s birth certificate or passport, and the name and contact information of the person dropping off and picking up the child.
The fee for the unaccompanied minor service with Aer Lingus varies depending on the route and other factors. It is best to contact the airline for accurate fees.
The guidelines and procedures for unaccompanied minors on Aer Lingus flights include strict check-in procedures, designated seating on the plane, and a handover process to the designated adult at the destination airport.
It depends on the severity and nature of the medical condition. It’s best to contact Aer Lingus in advance to discuss any specific needs or requirements for your child’s travel.