Avianca Airlines pet policy offers the most comprehensive guidelines that outline the rules and regulations for traveling with pets, ensuring the safety and well-being of both pets and passengers. In this article, we will delve deeper into Avianca Airlines’ pet policy, including the types of pets allowed, the fees associated with pet travel, and the requirements for traveling with pets on Avianca Airlines.
Avianca Pet In Cabin Pet Policy
Here are all the guidelines under Avianca Airlines in-cabin pet policy –
- Avianca Airlines allows small dogs and cats to travel in the cabin of the aircraft with their owners.
- Only one pet per passenger is permitted.
- The pet must be able to fit comfortably in an approved carrier that can be stowed under the seat in front of the passenger.
- The carrier must not exceed the dimensions of 17.5 x 12 x 7.5 inches (44 x 30 x 19 cm).
- The pet must be at least 8 weeks old and have all required vaccinations and documentation to travel.
- Passengers must inform Avianca Airlines at the time of booking their flight and check any specific requirements or restrictions on pet travel to their destination.
- There is a fee associated with in-cabin pet travel, which varies depending on the destination and route.
- If your pet is traveling in the cabin with you, its combined weight cannot be more than 10 kg.
- Passengers must pay the pet fee at the airport before the flight’s departure.
- Certain breeds of dogs and cats are not allowed to travel in the cabin due to their physical characteristics.
Passengers must arrive at the airport early to allow enough time for check-in and processing of the necessary documentation.
Fee for Avianca pet in cabin – Below is the overview of the Avianca pet policy fees for in-cabin pet travel, as per
|Nationals in Colombia||From 20 USD|
|Nationals in Ecuador||From 45 USD|
|In America||From 135 USD|
|To Europe||From 170 USD|
|From Europe||From 170 USD|
What is Avianca Pet Cargo Policy?
Here are all the guidelines under Avianca pet cargo policy
- Avianca Airlines allows pets to travel as cargo, with certain restrictions.
- The airline accepts dogs, cats, birds, and other small animals, as long as they meet the requirements for size, weight, and type of animal.
- The pet must be transported in an IATA-approved container that is properly ventilated, with enough room for the pet to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- The container must be labeled with the pet’s name, the owner’s name, and the destination address.
- The owner is responsible for providing all necessary documentation, including a health certificate, vaccination records, and any other required permits or certificates.
- The pet must be dropped off at the airport at least two hours before the flight’s departure time.
- The cost of pet transport varies depending on the size and weight of the animal, as well as the destination and route.
- Avianca pet policy 2023 offers a tracking service for pet cargo, allowing owners to monitor their pet’s journey.
- Certain breeds of dogs and cats are not allowed to travel as cargo due to their physical characteristics, which can make them more susceptible to breathing difficulties during air travel. It’s essential to check with Avianca Airlines about any breed restrictions before booking a flight for a pet.
- The airline reserves the right to refuse transportation to any pet that is deemed unfit for travel, due to health or behavior issues.
How much is the fee for pets in the cargo or baggage hold? – The cost for pets to travel in the cargo or baggage hold on Avianca Airlines varies depending on the size, weight, and destination of the animal.
|Nationals in Colombia||From 48 USD|
|Nationals in Ecuador||From 60 USD|
|In America||From 210 USD|
|To Europe||From 215 USD|
|From Europe||From 215 USD|
Requirements of a container for an in-cabin travel – The container for an in-cabin travel must meet the following requirements as per Avianca airlines pet policy.
- The container must be flexible and have proper ventilation.
- It must fit under the seat in front of you.
- The maximum dimensions allowed are 55 x 35 x 25 cm (length, width, and height).
- It must be leak-proof and secure, preventing any escape of the animal.
- The container must be clean and free of any foul odors or debris.
- It must be comfortable for the pet with enough space for them to move around and stand up.
What is Avianca Emotional Support Animal Policy?
Below are the guidelines under the Avianca emotional support animal policy –
- Avianca Airlines requires that pets travel in flexible containers (crates) measuring 55x35x25 cm (length, width and height), and must be placed under the seat in front of you during the flight.
- Only one emotional support dog is allowed per passenger, and it must comply with all necessary documentation.
- Passengers must present a printed form for the transportation of pets in the cabin or hold.
- If the form is not available, passengers should ask the service agents at the airport counter.
- Dogs must not exceed 20 cm in height, and must be at least 4 months old.
- Pets that exhibit aggressive behavior and may cause inconvenience to other passengers and the crew will not be allowed in the cabin.
- Passengers can transport such pets in the hold of the plane, but additional charges may apply.
- The crew may request the use of a muzzle if there is evidence of aggressive behavior from the dog.
What are the required documents for emotional support dogs? – The required documentation for emotional support dogs may vary depending on the airline and the destination. However, in general, passengers requesting Avianca pet travel for emotional support dogs are required to provide the following documents:
- A letter from a licensed mental health professional or medical doctor, dated within the past year, states the passenger has a mental or emotional disability and that the emotional support animal is necessary for the passenger’s mental health during air travel.
- Proof of the emotional support animal’s current vaccination records and health certificate, stating that the animal is in good health and able to travel.
- Notification to the airline at least 48 hours before the flight that the passenger will be traveling with an emotional support animal.
It is always recommended to check with Avianca international pet policy for specific documentation requirements and to ensure that all necessary documentation is provided before traveling.
What is Avianca Assistance Dog Policy?
Avianca allows trained service dogs to travel with passengers who require their assistance free of charge. The following are the guidelines for Avianca pet travel policy:
- The dog must be a trained service dog that assists the passenger with a disability.
- The passenger must provide documentation stating that the dog is a trained service dog and is necessary for the passenger’s travel.
- The dog must be properly harnessed, leashed, or tethered at all times while in the airport and on the plane.
- The dog must be well-behaved and not disrupt the flight or other passengers.
- The passenger must notify Avianca of their intention to travel with a service dog at least 48 hours before the flight.
- Service dogs are allowed in the cabin free of charge, and they do not count toward the passenger’s carry-on allowance.
It is important to note that emotional support dogs do not qualify as service dogs and are subject to Avianca pet policy.
What are the required documents for a service dog? – For a dog to qualify and be accepted as a service dog, it must have the following:
- A harness or indications of a harness.
- An identification card or label.
- Credentials that identify it as a service dog.
- Search and rescue dogs (K, B and R) must wear overalls, have a microchip, certificate, collar, and double leash to make identification easier during the flight.
In addition to these documents, download the pet travel form and submit this in a printed form.
How Can You Purchase Avianca Pet Travel Service?
You can purchase the Avianca Pet Travel Service by contacting Avianca’s call center or visiting one of their sales offices.
Call Avianca Contact Centre – Here are the steps to purchase pet travel with Avianca Contact Centre:
- Call Avianca Contact Centre at the number provided on their website and inform them that you wish to purchase pet travel.
- Provide the agent with your travel details, including your destination, travel date, and flight number.
- Inform the agent about your pet and provide them with details such as breed, weight, and dimensions of the container.
- The agent will check the availability of pet travel on your flight and inform you of the associated fees.
- You will be asked to provide the necessary information for the pet’s travel, such as the pet’s name, age, and required documentation.
- The agent will guide you through the payment process and provide you with a booking confirmation.
Make sure to arrive at the airport with all the required documentation and equipment in accordance with Avianca airlines pet policy.
At the airport – Here are the steps to purchase pet travel with Avianca at the airport:
- It is recommended that you arrive at the airport with plenty of time to complete the pet travel process.
- Head to the Avianca check-in counter and inform the agent that you will be traveling with a pet. You will be asked to present all the necessary documentation, including health certificates and vaccination records.
- The agent will inform you of the pet travel fee and process the payment at the counter.
- The agent will provide you with a printed form for the transport of pets in the hold and cabin, which you will need to present during the boarding process.
- The agent will guide you through the process of checking in your pet. You will need to place your pet in the appropriate carrier and ensure that it meets the airline’s requirements.
- Once your pet is checked in, you will be able to board the flight with your pet carrier. During the flight, your pet will either travel in the cabin or in the cargo hold, depending on the airline’s policies and the size of your pet.
Avianca Airlines pet policy is designed to ensure the safety and well-being of pets while traveling, while also considering the comfort and convenience of all passengers on board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can travel with your pet in the cabin if the pet is a small dog or cat and meets the size and weight requirements set by Avianca.
You are allowed to bring only one pet in the cabin.
The maximum weight of a pet allowed in the cabin is 10 kg (22 lbs) including the weight of the carrier.
Yes, you can bring your emotional support animal (ESA) on the flight, but you need to comply with all the required documentation, including a letter from a licensed mental health professional.
Yes, you need to pay a fee to bring your pet on the flight. The fee varies depending on the flight and the destination.
The required documentation varies depending on the type of pet and the destination. Generally, you need to present a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian and proof of vaccination.
Yes, you can bring your pet on international flights, but you need to comply with the regulations of the destination country and obtain the necessary documentation and permits.
If your pet is too large to travel in the cabin, you can transport it in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
If your pet becomes aggressive or causes a disturbance during the flight, the airline may request that you move the pet to the cargo hold or refuse to transport the pet altogether.