Are you tired of cramped seats and limited legroom during long-haul flights? Do you dream of indulging in luxury and comfort while soaring through the skies? Look no further than Cathay Pacific, one of the world’s leading airlines renowned for its exceptional service and top-notch amenities. In this article, we will explore how you can request Cathay Pacific Upgrade to Business Class and provide you with all the information you need to upgrade your flying experience.
What are the Flight Upgrade Options with Cathay Pacific?
When it comes to elevating your travel experience with Cathay Pacific, the airline offers a range of flight upgrade options tailored to meet your needs. These include –
Buy Cathay Pacific Flight Upgrade – If you desire a seamless upgrade experience, Cathay Pacific allows you to purchase an upgrade to Business Class by paying the fare difference and Cathay Pacific change fee. You can elevate your cabin class up to three hours before the scheduled departure. It offers a convenient and flexible way to access enhanced services and privileges during your flight.
Redeem Upgrade – Cathay Pacific’s Diamond and Gold members have the opportunity to receive Bookable Upgrades. These upgrades can be scheduled in advance, allowing you to plan your journey with confidence. The number of reward points required for the upgrade will depend on the desired upgraded cabin class, enabling you to tailor your upgrade to suit your preferences.
Cathay Pacific Upgrade with Miles – This option is available for passengers who have purchased an original ticket in a qualifying tariff class. By utilizing your miles, you can enjoy the premium amenities, spacious seating, and personalized service offered in higher cabin classes, making your journey even more memorable.
Cathay Pacific Bid for Upgrade – Cathay Pacific offers a unique opportunity to bid for an upgrade. Passengers can name their desired price and make a bid for an upgrade, providing a chance to secure an upgrade at a price that suits them. This innovative bidding system allows you to potentially enjoy the perks of a higher cabin class by customizing the value of your upgrade.
How does the Cathay Pacific Upgrade Bid Work?
Experience the ease of requesting Cathay Pacific Upgrade to Business Class by following these straightforward steps:
- To determine if your flight qualifies for the Upgrade Bid, simply enter your reservation details on the designated page.
- During the bidding process, you’ll have the opportunity to assess whether you’re lucky enough to get the upgrade as cheap as it could be. If the airline accepts your bid, you will be notified 2-3 days prior to departure. Upon acceptance, you will be required to pay the amount you bid.
Please note that the upgrade does not include Cathay pacific excess baggage allowance. You need to pay separately on top of your upgrade fee.
Eligibility for Cathay Pacific Bid Upgrade – When participating in the Upgrade Bid feature, the following conditions apply:
- Participation in the Upgrade Bid promotion is by invitation only.
- Upgrade Bid is available exclusively on flights operated by Cathay Pacific.
- Each flight sector allows only one submission of an Offer per booking.
- If a reservation includes multiple passengers, an Offer to Upgrade must be made for each additional passenger.
- The amount of the Offer will be assessed per passenger, multiplying the number of passengers in the booking by the specified amount in the Offer.
- Passengers must be at least 18 years old to submit an offer.
- Baggage allowance will be based on the original fare class or travel type indicated.
Additional Information – To ensure a smooth experience with Cathay Pacific’s Bid Upgrade feature, consider the following additional details:
- For flights booked online, the notification will be sent via email to the passenger and will also be available on the “Manage Booking” section of the website.
- Payment information will be requested when submitting your bid.
- You have the flexibility to amend or cancel your bid up to 50 hours before the flight.
How Cathay Pacific Miles Upgrade Works?
Upgrade your paid flights by utilizing your Asia Miles. The upgrade reward chart determines the prices for one-way upgrades. To get eligible for the miles upgrade, passengers need at least 6,000 miles. Below is the Cathay Pacific Upgrade Chart available –
|FLIGHT TYPE||ULTRA-SHORT||SHORT||MEDIUM||LONG – TYPE 1||LONG – TYPE 2||ULTRA-LONG|
|Travel distance||1-750 miles||751-2,750 miles||2,751-5,000 miles||5,001-7,500 miles||5,001-7,500 miles||7,501+ miles|
|Economy to Premium Economy||6,000||10,000||15,000||22,000||22,500||30,000|
|Premium Economy to Business||7,500||12,000||18,000||25,000||28,000||35,000|
|Economy to Business||12,500||17,000||28,000||41,000||43,000||48,000|
|Business to First||16,000||25,000||35,000||50,000||55,000||65,000|
- Economy Class to Business Class
- Premium Economy Class to Business Class
Restrictions when Upgrading Cathay Pacific with Miles – While the Cathay Pacific Miles Upgrade offers a multitude of benefits, there are certain restrictions to keep in mind:
- To be eligible for an upgrade using miles, the original ticket must have been purchased using an applicable fare class or type.
- If your flight does not have a Premium Economy cabin, you can only upgrade from Economy to Business Class.
- Non-restricted fares are not eligible for an upgrade.
- Code share and interline agreement flights are also not eligible
|UPGRADE||CLASS OF SERVICE|
|Business to First||J, C, D, P, I|
|Economy to Premium Economy||Y, B, H, K, M, L, V|
|Economy to Business (for flights without premium economy class)||Y, B, H, K, M, L, V|
How many Asia Miles Required to upgrade to Business Class? – Below is the overview of the miles that you can redeem with Cathay Pacific –
|TRAVEL ROUTE||ECONOMY TO BUSINESS CLASS||TAXES APPLICABLE (IN USD)||BUSINESS CLASS TO FIRST CLASS||TAXES APPLICABLE (IN USD)|
|Boston (BOS) to Hong Kong (HKG)||86,000 miles||$189.49||80,000 miles||$192.07|
|Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) to Hong Kong (HKG)||86,000 miles||$189.49||80,000 miles||$192.07|
|Los Angeles (LAX).to Hong Kong (HKG)||80,000 miles||$189.49||80,000 miles||$192.07|
|New York-JFK to Hong Kong (HKG)||86,000 miles||$189.49||80,000 miles||$192.07|
|San Francisco (SFO) to Hong Kong (HKG)||80,000 miles||$189.49||80,000 miles||$192.07|
Eligible Fare Classes for Bookable Upgrades
To be eligible for a Bookable Upgrade, your ticket must be booked in specific fare classes for each cabin class. The following fare classes are eligible for Bookable Upgrades:
- Economy Class: Y, B, H, K, M, L, V
- Premium Economy: W, R
- Business Class: J, C, D, P, I
Please note: that only tickets booked in the mentioned fare classes can be considered for a Bookable Upgrade.
How to Claim a Bookable Upgrade – Claiming a Bookable Upgrade for your Cathay Pacific flight is a straightforward process. Follow these steps to request and secure your upgrade:
- Make sure that your flight is confirmed, and your ticket has been issued with an eligible fare class.
- Sign in to your Cathay Pacific account and navigate to the summary page of your membership privileges.
- Choose the “Request a Bookable Upgrade” option from the menu. Alternatively, you can access the “Manage Booking” section to request your upgrade.
- Complete the necessary information, including the passenger’s name and flight segment. Online requests must be submitted at least three days before your flight’s departure.
- After submitting your request, a Customer Care agent will review it, and you can expect a response within 72 hours. They will send you an email with the outcome of your upgrade request.
- If your Bookable Upgrade is approved, your flight information will be automatically updated in the “Manage Booking” section.
By following these simple steps, you can elevate your journey with Cathay Pacific and enjoy the luxury and comfort of a higher cabin class.
How to Upgrade to Cathay Pacific Business Class?
There are several ways to secure an upgrade to Cathay Pacific Business Class:
At the Time of Booking – When making your initial flight reservation, inquire about upgrade availability and the associated costs. Sometimes, airlines offer promotional upgrades or discounted rates for Business Class seats.
Online or Mobile Check-in – Keep an eye out for upgrade offers during the online or mobile check-in process. Airlines often provide last-minute upgrade opportunities at reduced prices to fill remaining Business Class seats.
At the Airport – If you haven’t managed to secure an upgrade beforehand, you can still try your luck at the airport. Inquire about availability at the check-in counter or at the gate. However, keep in mind that upgrades at the airport are subject to availability and may not always be guaranteed.
Upgrade your flying experience to new heights with Cathay Pacific’s Business Class. Indulge in unparalleled comfort, relish exquisite dining, and stay entertained throughout your journey. Whether you secure an upgrade during the booking process, through frequent flyer programs, or via upgrade auctions, the luxury and amenities of Cathay Pacific Business Class are well worth it. So, why settle for ordinary when you can soar in style? Upgrade to Cathay Pacific Business Class and embark on a truly exceptional travel adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can inquire about upgrade availability at the airport check-in counter or gate. However, keep in mind that upgrades at the airport are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
Yes, if you are a member of Cathay Pacific’s frequent flyer program, Asia Miles, you can accumulate miles and redeem them for a Business Class upgrade.
Yes, Business Class passengers typically enjoy priority boarding, allowing them to board the aircraft ahead of economy class passengers.
Yes, Business Class passengers generally receive a higher baggage allowance compared to economy class passengers. The specific allowance may vary depending on the route and ticket type.
Cathay Pacific occasionally offers companion vouchers or upgrade certificates that allow passengers to upgrade to Business Class. Check their website or promotional offers for more information on eligibility and availability.