Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to change the name on your airline ticket? Whether it’s due to a spelling mistake, a legal name change, or any other reason, Philippine Airlines understands that such circumstances can arise. In this article, we will delve into the Philippine Airlines Name Change Policy, guiding you through the process, fees, and requirements associated with changing the name on your ticket.
What are the rules to consider when requesting a Philippine Airlines name change Booking?
When requesting a Philippine Airlines ticket change name, it’s important to keep certain rules and guidelines in mind to ensure a hassle-free process. Let’s explore the key rules to consider:
- It’s advisable to request a name change up to 24 hours before scheduled departure.
- Name change policies can vary depending on your ticket type and the class of service. For instance, name changes are not permitted on the Economy Super Saving Fare.
- The airline does not offer Philippine Airlines change name of passenger service. The airline does not allow the transfer of ownership of passengers.
- Ensure that the correct name is provided and matches the government-issued photo ID or passport.
- Prepare the required documentation to support your name change request. This may include valid identification documents, such as a passport or government-issued ID, as well as any supporting documents for a name change.
- In case of legal name change, you may be asked to produce marriage certificates, divorce decree, or other legal documentation.
- Be aware of the fees associated with a name change or correction.
- After the name change request is approved and processed, tickets would be reissued to the existing or higher class of service, subject to availability. Fare difference may apply.
What are the types of name change or correction requests accepted by Philippine Airlines?
Philippine Airlines accepts different types of name change or correction requests to accommodate passengers’ needs.
Let’s explore the common types of Philippine Airlines name change requests that the airline typically allows:
- Spelling Mistake – If there is a minor spelling error in your name on the ticket, such as a typo or misspelling, Philippine Airlines generally permits correction of up to 3 characters. The characters limit applies to either first name, middle name, or last name.
- Marriage or Divorce – In cases where a passenger has undergone a legal name change due to marriage or divorce, Philippine Airlines allows name changes to reflect the updated legal name. You need to submit paperwork such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree, to request the change.
- Legal Name Change – If a passenger has officially changed their name through a legal process, such as a court order, Philippine Airlines accepts name change requests to update the ticket accordingly. Documentation proving the legal name change is required for this type of request. Fees applicable for Philippine Airlines change name of passenger service.
- Title or Prefix Update – Philippine Airlines allows passengers to update their title or prefix on the ticket, such as changing from “Miss” to “Mrs.” or vice versa. This can be requested along with other types of name changes or corrections.
- Nickname to Legal Name – If you have made the decision to transition from using a nickname to your legal name, Philippine Airlines allows you to update your ticket accordingly. You will need to provide legal documentation, such as a passport or government-issued ID, to validate the request as per Philippine Airlines name change policy.
- Gender Correction – Philippine Airlines recognizes the importance of reflecting the correct gender identity on the ticket. The said request does not cover under Philippine Airlines name change policy. In this case, the guideline applicable to the Philippine Airlines flight change policy
- Name Order Reversal – Sometimes, the order of the given name and the surname may be switched on the ticket due to an error or cultural naming conventions. Philippine Airlines allows passengers to request a name order reversal to ensure the ticket reflects the correct name format. Proper documentation may be required to support this type of request.
- Passport Update – If you have obtained a new passport with an updated name, Philippine Airlines allows you to request a name change to align with the new passport information. You will need to provide the updated passport as supporting documentation for this type of request.
How to change the name in a Philippine Airlines ticket?
Requesting a name change with Philippine Airlines can be done in two ways – online via the Philippine airline’s website and through an airline representative over the phone.
Philippine Airlines Name Change Request Online – Follow these steps to request a name change online through Philippine Airlines’ website:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official website of Philippine Airlines.
- Look for the “Manage Booking” under the Manage Tab to proceed with the name correction.
- Enter the required details such as your booking reference number, and the passenger’s last name to proceed.
- Once your booking is retrieved, navigate to the existing booking where you need to request a name change.
- Look for an option related to name changes or corrections. This may be labeled as “Edit Passenger Details’’.
- Follow the prompts. This may include entering the correct name details and any supporting documentation required.
- Review the details.. Double-check all the provided information and documentation before submitting the name change request online.
- Click on “Submit” to finalize your Philippine Airlines change name of the passenger request.
Once your name change request is submitted, Philippine Airlines will send you a confirmation email that includes your updated name on the email itinerary.
Philippine Airlines Name Change Request Through Customer Service – If you prefer to request a name change through an airline representative over the phone, follow these steps:
- Visit the Philippine Airlines website and look for the Contact Us Page.
- Find the appropriate hotline number for your region or country.
- Use your phone to dial the customer service hotline of Philippine Airlines.
- Once connected to a representative, provide your booking reference number.
- Explain that you wish to request a Philippine Airlines ticket change name and provide the correct name details.
- The airline executive will help you with the name correction and check the eligibility according to your fare rules.
- They may ask for additional information or documentation to support your request
- You may be asked to pay the Philippine Airlines name change fee.
- Before ending the call, confirm the details provided by the representative.
- The airline representative will process your Philippine Airlines name change request and provide you with confirmation or further instructions.
Here is the table that helps you contact Philippine Airlines Customer Service Representative
|Manila, Philippines||(+632) 8855-8888|
|Philippines Mobile||(+63) 919-056-2255|
|United States and Canada||1-800-I-FLY-PAL / 1-800-435-9725|
Philippines Airlines Name Change Fee
Below is the overview of the Philippine airline’s ticket change name fee according to your fare –
|Fare Brand||Name Change Fee (in USD)|
|Economy Supersaver||Not Permitted|
Please note – The above-mentioned Philippines Airlines name change is not accurate and may vary with the new update. For more accurate information, please visit the Philippines airline’s website.
Contact Philippine Airlines Through Social Media
Passengers can contact Philippine Airlines Through Social Media
|Social Media Platform||Link|
When requesting a Philippine Airlines name change, it’s crucial to understand and follow the rules associated with the process. Considering factors such as timing, ticket type, eligibility, the accuracy of the information, documentation, fees, and contacting the airline will contribute to a seamless name change experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can change the name on your ticket under certain circumstances and subject to the Philippine Airlines Name change policy.
The fees for a name change on Philippine Airlines can vary depending on your ticket type. It ranges between 50 USD and 200 USD depending on the fare you have purchased.
When requesting a name change, you will typically need to provide a valid identification document, such as a passport or government-issued ID.
To request a name change, you can contact Philippine Airlines through their official hotline or visit the airline’s website.
Yes. You can request the name change through the Manage Booking section. A name change fee may apply.